Friday, May 7, 2010

T-Ball Games

Last night I was driving home from work like I do every week night. In order to get home I have to drive through the tiny town of St. Paul. Along the main road is the k-12 school. As I drove by, with my window down enjoying the sunshine, there was a little t-ball game going on. Parents everywhere, clapping, kids in the field running the wrong way on the bases and 3 little kids at the pitcher's mound. I stopped to watch it for a minute or two and it got me thinking.

I can't wait to have a kid out there running around in their little baseball pants and the bright colored shirts with hats that are too big they cover their eyes. I want to be one of those mom's that goes to every sporting event. The mom that sits their bundled up on a very early Saturday morning, coffee mug in hand and supportively cheering for my child.

I have always been one to say "I don't want kids. They poop, throw up, they're messy, etc..." But within the last year or two I have most certainly changed my mind. Watching my brothers with their kids, and my other brother about to become a father, has really made me want to have a son or daughter of my own.

I look forward to the days where I get to go to the sporting events on weekends, during the week take them to practice, watch them play in the backyard, go to their first day of school... Someday...

Well, those are my thoughts for the day. I'm excited for whatever may lie ahead on this little journey called life.

No comments:

Post a Comment