Thursday, August 4, 2011

Back at it...

I know I have been totally sucking at this whole blogging thing for the last year but my life just hasn't been worth blogging about, until recently.

Most of you who read this already know but... We are having a baby!!!!! He/she is due in January and we couldn't be happier! It's been a fun and difficult year for us and this has been a true blessing to our lives. We will be finding out the gender September 2nd so stay tuned because I most definitely will be blogging about the anatomy scan results =)

As for other things going on in our lives, we did get a new puppy (thanks Desiree). She is a chocolate lab and is about 5 months old. Her name is Abby and she is quite a handful! She LOVES LOVES LOVES chewing on our other dog Kelly. Kelly is not a big fan of this new puppy but I'm sure with more time they will be the best of friends. Besides, they are both in for a rude awakening when the baby is born and realize they both have to share my lap. Abby thinks she's a lap dog... A really really big lap dog. As for Kelly... well, she would much rather play fetch.

The Legislative Session is now over so I finally have time for a life. This Session was pretty intense. The House of Representatives was tied at 30 Democrats and 30 Republicans while the Senate was close with 16 Democrats and 14 Republicans. It made for a long and rough Session. I'm glad to be back in the interim and able to take vacation time.

Mike and I decided not to use a whole lot of vacation time this summer and we'll be saving it for when the baby is born. However, we did take a week off to go enjoy some of our new toys. We bought 2 kayaks a couple of months ago and were dying to put them in the some of the High Lakes in Central Oregon. So, we set off to Bend for a week of "fun".

Our trip was a very very very wet one. Who knew it could be 45 degrees and pouring down rain in Bend 4 days in a row?!?! We decided to go kayaking anyway. We set out with my parents and their kayaks to Hosmer Lake and spent the afternoon freezing our butts off and soaked to the bone. Kayaking was followed by a picnic in the Jeep with the heaters on full blast. Although it was cold and wet, we still had a good time looking at all the massive fish sitting in the bottom of the lake. I don't think I've ever seen so many big trout grouped together like that. It was pretty amazing.

We ended up having to leave Bend a tad early. I caught a really bad cold (probably from wearing shorts in 45 degree weather and pouring down rain) and also Mike's brother came to visit from Montana and only had one day available to get together. I finally got to meet my brother-in-law and his wife! They are great people and I hope they come back for a visit soon!

Well, that's basically it for what's been going on in our lives for the past year. Not a whole lot to update on but I'm sure with a baby on the way I'll have a whole lot more interesting things to say in the future!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're back at it! I was just saying (on the day you blogged again) that you didn't blog anymore and then you went and proved me wrong! You will have plenty to blog about in your future and NO time to do it... just kidding (well, sort of ;). Take lots of pictures and blog even if your house is a mess - that's my advice! =) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete