Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Anxiously waiting

Sorry for not blogging in awhile. Life isn't all that exciting on a day-to-day basis.
The last few months have been busy with the holidays coming, doctor appointments and just getting things ready for Brandon's arrival. I had 2 AMAZING baby showers! One with friends and family and the other with my church family. Mike and I are so incredibly blessed to have so many supportive and loving people around us and could not be more thankful!

Brandon's nursery is officially finished (for now). There are a few things I would like to get such as a dresser and changing table but all of that can wait until he's older and is actually sleeping in his room. The decorations are up, the clothes are washed, the blankets are organized and put away and his toys are in a toy basket.
We rearranged our bedroom last night and put his pack-n-play in our room. This turned into me cleaning out our closets and deep cleaning everything. I guess the whole nesting thing has started. So with that, I think everything is ready to go and Brandon just needs to make his appearance (yes there is still 3 weeks left but I'd be happy if he came early).

In the meantime while waiting for Brandon's arrival, we celebrated Thanksgiving at my parents house in Bend. It was a beautiful drive over the mountain! We left at 6 in the morning, loaded the dogs up and headed out. That will probably be the last time we'll want to get up and leave that early for an overnight trip. My brother, Matt, and his wife Jules, and their two adorable kids were at my parents house for most of Thanksgiving Day. It was nice spending time with the family, eating, laughing, watching football and seeing how our chocolate lab reacted around a 3 month old. Matt and Jules had to leave early and head back home. We left the Friday after Thanksgiving for Mike's brothers wedding festivities.

Mike and I were both in his brothers wedding, Mike was a groomsman and I was a bridesmaid. It was a lot of fun getting dressed up and being able to celebrate and be a part of Kevin and Heathers special day! It was a long but fun weekend.

As for Christmas, we didn't really celebrate. We did decorate the house and my parents came over on the 23rd and left early on the 24th. My mom cleaned my house, helped make some fudge and my dad took one of the dogs for a walk. It was nice having them over!!!!! :-) I definitely enjoyed spending time with my mom and I'm extremely thankful for her help on cleaning the house and putting things up on the walls. As for Christmas Day Mike worked an 8 hour shift so I spent the morning watching Christmas movies and made myself some cinnamon rolls. The afternoon I pretty much slept the day away and in the evening we went to Shari's for dinner. So exciting, I know... And that was our Christmas. It was quiet and relaxing.

I did, however, get Mike and myself a Christmas gift. Thanks to groupon we were able to get some pretty cheap Blazer tickets and will be heading to the Rose Quarter on Thursday. We have lower level seating, 2 hot dogs, 2 drinks, and will get 2 commemorative glasses at the game. It was a pretty sweet deal and I just couldn't pass it up.

So now that all of the exciting things such as baby showers, holidays, and weddings are over, I just have to wait patiently for this little boy of mine to arrive!!!!

Come on Brandon! Your mom and dad can't wait to meet you!!!!!!!!!

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday and have a very happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure how I missed this post! And I'm not sure how I missed that Groupon deal for the Blazers! =) Not too much longer! I can't wait to meet him! =)

    ReplyDelete