Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Brandon James has arrived

So this is extremely late but time has truly escaped me lately and this is the first time I've even thought about blogging.

Brandon James Padilla was born January 16th weighing in at a whopping 7 pounds 11 ounces and 21 inches long. He was absolutely perfect. I woke up the morning of the 17th to find my water had broken. I called Mike and told him it was time to head to the hospital. We left for the hospital about 8:30 in the morning. As soon as we arrived at the hospital my first contraction hit and man oh man did it hurt!!!! Immediately my contractions were 2 minutes apart lasting a minute long. After about an hour of contractions, I broke down and asked for the epidural. I'm soooooo glad I did!!! It made the birthing experience much more enjoyable. After the epidural, the nurse came in to put a catheter in. When she went to do that, she had difficulties because Brandon's head was in the way. The doctor came in and said it was time to push!!! I pushed off and on for about 45 minutes and out came my beautiful baby boy!!!


Brandon had lots of visitors over the next week and we appreciate everyone who made the effort to come out and meet our baby boy.

A lot has happened since we brought our baby home. We have sort of adjusted to the lack of sleep. Mike went back to work after taking a whole month off, our baby now likes to play on his play mat and with rattles, he is smiling and starting to find his voice (other than crying) and coo's. The boy just melts my heart away. Here are a few pictures of him:






1 comment:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS!! Can't get over his sweet cheeks! And yay you blogged!! Welcome back. Keep those blogs coming :)

    ReplyDelete