Monday, June 21, 2010

A Mini Vacation

This last weekend Mike and I drove up to Seattle for my brothers big surgery... for those of you who don't know, my brother had a massive tumor in his abdominal area, err... it was kind all over. It started in his spine and just intertwined with his organs, nerves and so forth. The doctors removed about 20 pounds of it and there are still some pieces left in there. The easy part is over now and the hard part of healing begins. It was really hard to see him hooked up to so many tubes and a breathing machine. I'm so used to seeing my brother as a strong athletic guy and to see him bedridden like that made me cry. I just wanted to trade places with him or take on his pain so he wouldn't have to feel any.

So, Mike and I decided since we were in Seattle, we'd venture out and find something to do. We walked about 10 miles in one day... an no easy miles at that. I had no idea how hilly Seattle is!!!! I thought I was gunna die walking up all of those hills.

Anyway we decided that we would go to the EMP/Sci-Fi museum... It was awesome... here are some pictures of our time there:






No comments:

Post a Comment